A quick look at the best condoms you can buy right now
- Best overall: Trojan Extended Pleasure Condoms
- Best for people with a penis: Okamoto Crown Condoms
- Best for people with a vagina: Trojan Her Pleasure Sensations Condoms
- Best for penile-vaginal sex: Trojan Fire and Ice Condoms
- Best for anal sex: Skyn Elite Extra Lubricated Condoms
- Best for oral sex: One Flavor Waves Assorted Flavored Condoms
- Best flavored condom: Durex Tropical Flavored Condoms
- Best textured condom: Trojan Ultra Ribbed Premium Lubricated Condoms
- Best warming condom: Trojan Charged Lubricated Condoms
- Best prolonging condom: Durex Performax Intense Condoms
- Best sensitivity condom: Durex Invisible Ultra Thin Condom
- Best for an average fit: Kimono MicroThin Condoms
- Best for a snug fit: GLYDE Slimfit Premium Condoms
- Best for a larger fit: Trojan Magnum Condoms
- Best for sex toys: Durex Pleasure Pack Condoms
- Best latex condom: LifeStyles Ultra Sensitive Condoms
- Best nonlatex condom: Skyn Selection Condoms
- Best for sensitive skin: Durex Extra Sensitive Condoms
- Best lubricated condom: Trojan ENZ Condoms
- Best for the environment: GLYDE Condoms
- Best custom fit: my ONE Perfect Fit Condoms
- Best internal fit: FC2 Female Condoms
- Best dental dam: Crosstex 19100 Dental Dam
- Best spermicidal condom: Trojan Ultra Ribbed Spermicidal Condoms
- Best finger cot: First Aid Only Nitrile Finger Cots
There are a wide variety of condom brands out there, but not all condoms are created equal.
Keep in mind
Unless otherwise noted, we’re talking about external condoms (that is, condoms that fit over a penis or a penis-like sex toy).
References and Credit:Condoms. (2020).
Condom size chart with snug, regular, & large size condoms. (2021).
Daniels K, et al. (2018). Current contraceptive status among women aged 15–49: United States, 2015–2017.
Dental dam use. (2021).
External (sometimes called male) condom use. (2021).
Female condoms. (2021).
How do I use a condom? (2018).
Nguyen K, et al. (2021). Latex allergy.
TheyFit condoms: Indications for use. (2015).
Medically reviewed by Janet Brito, Ph.D., LCSW, CST
Written by Kimberly Holland
Photo Credit: Danis Graveris