Golden milk, also known as turmeric milk and liquid gold, is an Indian drink that has been around for centuries and loaded with antioxidants.
Ingredients for one serving:
- 1 cup whole milk, or milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder or two ponds
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick or pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or powder (optional)
- Sweeten to taste. (honey or agave)
Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan or pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until fragrant and flavorful. Strain the drink through a fine strainer into your favorite mug. Add sweetener of choice and top with a pinch of cinnamon. ENJOY!
For more information about golden milk also known as turmeric milk and its health benefits click the link. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/golden-milk-turmeric
*Be sure to consult your healthcare practitioner if you are on any medications. Do not take turmeric root if you are on blood thinning medication.