Due to the spread of the COVID-19 flu virus and the nationwide shortage of disinfectants and hand sanitizers, much needed at this time, Essence of Nature LLC decided to make a broad-spectrum hand sanitizer that is CDC compliant. We researched information published by the CDC, WHO, and CORONAVIRUS.GOV to make sure we were fully apprised of the best possible recommendations for formulating an effective broad-spectrum hand disinfectant and guidelines for handwashing and sanitizing in general. As a result, we have compounded Essence of Nature Broad Spectrum Hand Sanitizer. It is specifically formulated to disinfect against harmful pathogens without drying out your hands. In addition, we are providing our consumers and the general public with some helpful guidelines for handwashing and personal hygiene.
Isopropyl alcohol, Aloe barbadensis, lipid, and essential oil
Packaged in 4 oz. reusable bottle
Apply liberally to front and back of hands and between fingers. Do not rub, but allow to air dry for at least 20 seconds. Do not use hand sanitizer if your hands are visibly dirty, or greasy, i.e. gardening, fishing, playing out of doors.
Flammable, keep away from fire.
Extremely potent, use with care.
Keep away from eyes and mouth.
If pregnant or lactating, consult your medical professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
If swallowed, call your local poison control center ASAP, or American Association Of Poison Control Centers 1-800 222-1222 - open 24 hours a day (poisonhelp.org).
(Reflections and Recommendations From Herbalist Tracie)
The United States has NEVER experienced anything like this before; it is a scary situation and it saddens me, the very few times I go, out how some people are being nonchalant about this crisis. This is serious, people. Please take care of yourselves and be mindful of those around you. Even if you are young, or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk of others. It is imperative that you do your part to slow the spread of COVID -19. Stay home, people. Go out only if it is absolutely necessary. REMEMBER there is no cure for COVID -19. Our best remedy is to keep a safe distance from others, maintain strict hygiene, and encourage others to practice safe living for now. We all must do our part.
State and Local guidelines:
- Listen and follow the directions of your State and Local Authorities; follow All guidelines they issue.
- If you feel sick, stay home. Don’t risk others.
- If your children are sick, keep them home. AGAIN! DON’T RISK OTHERS.
- If you are an older person or have a serious underlying condition, stay home and away from others. The hospitals don’t have the resources, nor has a cure been found, so it is best to stay at home and hopefully your body can fight it off.
- If someone in your household tested positive, keep your entire household at home.
- Work and study from home as much as possible.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Avoid eating and drinking at bars and restaurants. Use pick up or delivery options. If possible, support small business.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping, trips, and social visits.
- DO NOT VISIT nursing homes, retirement homes or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- Use your common sense.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- If you feel sick isolate yourself from others in your home.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. If you are in the house there is no need to use hand sanitizer when you can wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water at home.
- Essence of Nature hand sanitizer is best kept at work and in your car. There is no need to use it in the house when you are in all day. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Whoever comes into your house should wash their hands for 20 seconds also, or use hand sanitizer before touching anything.
- If anyone sneezes, or coughs, they should do so into a tissue, paper towel, or the inside of their elbow while looking down.
- If possible, wear a mask when leaving home. If you cannot purchase a mask, make one out of cloth. Use an old T-shirt or old sheet (make sure it’s 3 plies). If necessary, you can wash and reuse it.
- Make a solution of bleach water (1/3 cup of bleach to one gallon of water) to clean your surfaces, especially at work, computers, desk, and chairs. Even wiping down the pens and pencils. Be sure to wipe door handles, water faucets, toilet flush handles, etc.
- Take baths or showers when returning from home from the public.
- Disinfect your home frequently, especially after company, even if you don't think that person/persons might have COVID-19 (better safe than sorry).
- When going to the grocery store, wipe down the handle of the grocery cart. After buying groceries, wipe down can goods and anything in plastic, etc. When buying tissue or paper towels, follow store rules and only take one of each, or what you truly need. Do not hoard, or overbuy. Leave some for others.
- If you receive packages via USPS, FedEx, UPS, spray them down with a bleach solution or alcohol (make sure your alcohol solution is 60 percent or higher). The best practice is to spray the entire surface, let sit for at least 20 seconds and allow to air dry.
- Take your dog for a walk to stretch your legs and to relieve your pet. Pick up after your pet when you return home and wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- Go for a walk around the block with children or significant others (remember to practice social distance).
- Play card or board games with one another (this is the time to spend time together).
- Kids can play jump rope, double Dutch or hopscotch; remember those games? (in front of the house with a mask on).
- Face time old friends and family you haven’t talked to in a while; get caught up… (again social distance).
- Look at a movie together.
- Remember blockbuster night? well, make it a Netflix, Hulu or Amazon prime night.
- Read a book.
- Work on something you have been putting off a while; now is the time to accomplish it.
- Deep clean your home.
- Men, deep clean the garage.
- Make an old dish you haven’t made in a while (make a family affair).
- Ladies, finish that project you’ve been putting off.
- Enhance your hobbies.
- Write a letter to someone you have not talked to in a while.
Sex and COVID-19:
- Can COVID-19 spread through semen and vaginal fluid?
No. COVID-19 has not been found in semen or vaginal fluids at this point.
- Can COVID-19 spread from sharing saliva?
No. But, COVID -19 can be carried via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. If these droplets land in the other person's mouth or nose and are inhaled into the other person's lungs (which is more likely during intimacy since they are close together) the other person may become infected. You also need to be aware of where and with what you are having sex, as the virus can live on surfaces and objects. If you touch your mouth, nose, or eyes after touching an object or surface with the live virus on it, it is possible for you and/or your partner to become infected.
- Is anal sex safe?
No, COVID-19 has been found in feces, so feces to mouth transmission could be possible.
- Who is the safest person to have sex with?
Yourself. It takes up to 14 days for a person to know if they have the virus. You can have COVID-19 and not know it until it’s too late. This doesn’t mean you can’t have sex with a long-time partner safely. Just make sure you are both healthy.
- Are sex toys safe?
Absolutely! Wash them before and after and between partners. It might take out some of the fun, but, at least, you are practicing safe sex. Use Essence of Nature Erotic Aid Cleanser made specifically for toys (https://essenceofnature.earth/products/erotic-aid-cleanser). Wash your hands before and after for at least 20 seconds.
- Can condoms help protect against COVID-19 transmission?
Condoms help reduce contact with saliva or feces, especially during oral or anal sex, but they cannot guarantee protection, as the virus can spread other ways.
- Is it safe to engage in any sexual activities with someone you meet on dating apps, sites, or one night stands?
MY POINT BLAKE ANSWER IS NO! Masturbation is the safest. Check out the Essence of Nature Erotic Collection (www.essenceofnature.earth). As for multiple partners, “side pieces,” or “sugar daddies,” give yourself a break.
Places where you can stay abreast of the latest information and guidance about the COVID-19 pandemic and steps you can take to remain safe:
- Your local news
- https://www.cdc.gov (CDC)
- https://www.who.int (WHO)
- https://www.coronavirus.gov (COVID-19)
- https://www.fema.gov (FEMA)
- https://www.whitehouse.gov (WHITEHOUSE)
- https://www.consumer.ftc.gov (CONSUMER REPORT. KEEP UP WITH SCAMS)
- https://www.health.ny.gov (NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH)
- https://essenceofnature.earth (Essence of Nature LLC)
LET’S SLOW THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 TOGETHER BY DOING OUR PART!
Essence of Nature LLC is always working to improve our formulations. Our ingredient list is subject to change. Please refer to the packaging or website for updated changes.