Yes, there is such a thing as “Beauty Sleep.” During sleeping hours your skin heals and improves itself from the day’s wear and tear. The more sleep you get, the clearer your skin. A lack of sleep leads to stress and more breakouts, even for adults. For example, dark circles can look darker when you do not get the proper rest. Your skin makes new collagen when you sleep, which helps prevent sagging. Your body boosts blood flow to your skin while you sleep. Therefore, you wake up with a healthy glow, looking and feeling refreshed. Without sleep your complexion looks dull and lifeless, also puffy eyes are an issue. When we do not sleep, our eyes are the first thing we notice. Also, your facial night routine i.e. moisturizer, toners…works better at night; it gives the products a chance to do their job.
- Wash your face before bed. Use Essence of Nature, LLC “Meltaway,” or another of our mild cleansers.
- Pat dry (never rub)
- Used a clean towel every day; never use the same towel on your body.
- Cover your hair when you sleep.
- If you have dry skin, purchase a humidifier for the bedroom.
- Do not forget your lips (your lips are skin too). Use Essence of Nature, LLC “Kiss.”
- Wearing an overnight face mask that helps hydrate the skin is a good idea. Please note, an overnight mask is not the traditional face mask.
- Always moisturize and tone your skin before bed.
- Purchase a good pillow. Sleeping on rough cotton can irritate your skin and disturb your sleep.
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase.
- Drinking water is especially important for your skin.
- Never sleep with makeup on.
- Every now and then pamper yourself and get a facial.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
If you do not get proper sleep to allow your skin to regenerate and repair after working so hard to protect your insides, your skin will show the negative repercussions.